£88,000 of investment will be spent on the Smithfield council estate on Tib Street over this winter. The main items of works are expected to be:
- Replacement of windows and doors where required, and maintenance to others
- Painting of metal rails and soffits where required
- Installation of new gate entry system
- Installation of external lights where needed
- Replacement and painting of wooden gates where required
Specific funding has also been set aside funding for bike storage.
Boilers are being replaced as and when they become due for renewal.
Councillor Wheeler, who requested in committee that the funding be brought forward, said, “This is good news for the 65 leaseholders and 51 tenanted properties on the estate. We as a council must continue to invest in social housing across the city.”