As your Labour Team, we wanted to let you know we are still here working for you.
Below are a few things that may be useful for yourself and your neighbours, please share and pass to anyone who may find the information helpful.
- If you need help from us about local issues, you can still get in touch. We are working for you just as usual and our priority is throughout this is that those who need help the most, get it.
- Manchester Council has published a web page on COVID- 19 related queries and can be found here (covers council services, money and benefits, funerals, etc.)
- Manchester City Council have set up a free phoneline for those that cannot use the internet for COVID-19 related issues and urgently need support. The number is 0800 234 6123 and is open from 8:30am-5:30pm Monday to Saturday. (Easter Hours (April 10th 10am to 2pm – 11th April usual hours – 12th April closed – 13th April 10am – 2pm).
- If you’d like to volunteer your time to those most vulnerable, and you are able to do so safely, you can do so via visiting here
- Manchester ACORN, a community union, are also out to help people across Manchester. They are also asking for volunteers. You can request help or sign up to volunteer here
- A lot of people are in economic uncertain times, but some are not and therefore if you are in a stable situation and want to be able to contribute to causes that will help those ho need it the most, you can donate to the We Love MCR fund to help those most vulnerable during the COVID-19 pandemic in our city by going to here
- Manchester Council Library’s are making their collection of e-books, audiobooks, magazines, newspapers and more, easier to access and available online. You can find out more here
- There are a number of Facebook groups have been set up to support people in the city centre, you can find one of them here for the Northern Quarter and Ancoats area here, please do let me know if you know of any other area-related groups.
- Or if you need to just talk, let us know. We are all in this together!